2013 Metro Atlanta Heart Walk..
Saturday, October 12th, 2013: 8:00am: Atlantic Station. Registration is FREE.
My fourth year participating in the event. The Walk Route : 5K (3.1 miles).
Donations will support funding for heart/stroke research.
I’m walking as a tribute to every woman, man & child affected by heart/stroke disease.
Sharing the link to my team page: “Empowering The Community”:
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined.
- Heart disease causes 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every minute.
- An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Since 1984, more women than men have died each year from heart disease.
- The symptoms of heart disease can be different in women and men, and are often misunderstood.
- While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.
- Only 1 in 5 American women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat.
- Women comprise only 24 percent of participants in all heart-related studies.
Thanks for caring.
Enjoy your day