Twenty-Two Days away from the Metro Atlanta Heart Walk….
The event ( 3.1 miles) will start at Centennial Olympic Park, weaving through downtown Atlanta & ending back at the park,. It also features , one -mile Survivor route, healthy heart resources & fun activities for the entire family.
Money raised at the event will support medical research and save more lives.
Please feel free to send in your gift no later than Monday, September 21st.
( donate on-line)
or You can also mail in donations( to the address listed below)
American Heart Association
Attn: Atlanta Heart Walk
Ref: Team Kimberly Goodloe
1101 Northchase Pkwy, Suite 1
Marietta, GA 30067
Please make payable to the American Heart Association
Photo Credit: http://www.takenbylalaphotography.com
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined.
- Heart disease causes 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every minute.
- An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Since 1984, more women than men have died each year from heart disease.
- The symptoms of heart disease can be different in women and men, and are often misunderstood.
- While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.
- Only 1 in 5 American women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat.
- Women comprise only 24 percent of participants in all heart-related studies.
I thank God for sending resources my way to support the fight against heart /stroke disease.