Photo Credit; Emoryrose Photography
“Surviving heart disease is a journey, and knowledge can help. But, there is so much we don’t know before we have to face it. Here are some of my thoughts.”
Five things I wish I knew before my heart valve procedure…
- More information about the potential side effects after surgery, such as anemia, shortness of breath and low endurance; these occurred after my open heart procedure and I’m still coping with symptoms 79 months post-op
- Time frame for the recovery process…
- How to cope with the physical limitations
- How to prepare for the transition; post-surgery
- More information about the medication I need to take
Five things I know now, after my heart valve replacement & two pacemaker surgeries:
- Life goes on… but it is a process.
- It’s very important to notify my cardiologist when I develop any new symptoms; I am so thankful for my doctor.
View original post 70 more words