Please save the date; National Wear Red Day will take place On Friday, February 3rd.2017.
- Cardiovascular diseases and stroke cause 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every 80 seconds.
- An estimated 44 million women in the U.S. are affected by cardiovascular diseases.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke.
- Women have a higher lifetime risk of stroke than men.
- 80% of heart disease and stroke events may be prevented by lifestyle changes and education
- Fewer women than men survive their first heart attack.
- The symptoms of heart attack can be different in women vs. men, and are often misunderstood – even by some physicians.
- Women who are involved with the Go Red For Women movement live healthier lives.
- When you get involved in supporting Go Red For Women by advocating, fundraising and sharing your story, more lives are saved.
The 2016 Metro Atlanta Heart Walk( 3.1 miles) will take place on Saturday, September 24th, 2016 at Centennial Olympic Park.
A special day to honor every family affected by heart /stroke disease.
My 7th year participating in the event. Please feel free to join us at the survivor tent at 7:30am.
Registration is Free. All ages are welcome to participate.
Money raised at the event will support medical research and help save more lives. .
( sharing the link to my team page)
If you’re unable to attend the heart walk…
You can mail in donations( to the address listed below) or donate on-line
Please make check payable to the American Heart Association
http://metroatlantaheartwalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1150106&lis=0&kntae1150106=F85D2167AF7F4B679E4C99EC987A15A1&supid=296894039 ( sharing the link to my donation page)
American Heart Association
Attn: Atlanta Heart Walk
Ref: Team Kimberly Goodloe
1101 Northchase Pkwy, Suite 1
Marietta, GA 30067