The 29th Annual Metro Atlanta Heart Walk will take place on Saturday, September 24th, 2016 at Centennial Olympic Park. (8:00am: Opening Ceremony ;8:30am; 5K walk /3.1 miles:begins)
A special day to celebrate every family affected by heart and stroke disease, promote healthy heart living and Raise funds to support medical research and help save more lives from this country’s No. 1 and No. 5 killers – heart disease and stroke
Registration is Free. All ages are welcome to participate.
( sharing the link to my team page). My seventh year walking for heart health.
If you’re unable to attend the heart walk….
Feel free to mail in donations( to the address listed below) or donate on-line.
Please make check payable to the American Heart Association
Any amount donated will support the fight against heart disease.
http://metroatlantaheartwalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1150106&lis=0&kntae1150106=F85D2167AF7F4B679E4C99EC987A15A1&supid=296894039 ( sharing the (sharing the link to make a donation )
American Heart Association
Attn: Atlanta Heart Walk
Ref: Team Kimberly Goodloe
1101 Northchase Pkwy, Suite 1
Marietta, GA 30067
Thanks for supporting the fight against heart disease & stroke
- Cardiovascular diseases and stroke cause 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every 80 seconds.
- An estimated 44 million women in the U.S. are affected by cardiovascular diseases.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke.
- Women have a higher lifetime risk of stroke than men.
- 80% of heart disease and stroke events may be prevented by lifestyle changes and education
- Fewer women than men survive their first heart attack.
- The symptoms of heart attack can be different in women vs. men, and are often misunderstood – even by some physicians.
- Women who are involved with the Go Red For Women movement live healthier lives.
- When you get involved in supporting Go Red For Women by advocating, fundraising and sharing your story, more lives are saved.
Sharing Healthy Heart Resources….